September 09, 2011

Fantoche

Fantoche is an International Animated Film Festival hosted right here in Baden. It's in its 9th year. There are even student pricing on tickets so I can so see a movie for a reasonable 13 CHF instead of the crazy price of normal movies of 20 CHF.

I have also learned that popcorn prices are similar here to Canadian pricing. I think this speaks worlds about Canadian movie-theater food mark ups if I have to pay 11.50 CHF here for a Big Mac but pay the same for food at the movies.

I saw a really good animated short yesterday with Jason and Eliot. Lucky for me, the creator put it online so I can share it with you now and you can save 13 CHF to use towards your rent and groceries.

The film is called The External World by David Oreilly


PS. I keep using Big Macs as a comparison not because of my North American gluttony and fast food dependency but because I feel this is the most internationally understood price comparison.