September 25, 2012

Weird German Music

I'm not one to make rash, abrasive and critical judgement on music but I think something needs to be said about the weird German music I keep getting exposed to.

During Urban Art Forms in Austria, hoards of festival crowds flocked to the stage for Deichkind. If you thought the Japanese were leaders in the odd, quirky and confusing - think again! Germans may be able to give them a run for their money. This music video is full of "what the fuck" goodness - just like their live set.


During Melt festival, I encountered an artist called Rummelsnuff. When I asked my friend what type of music he plays, the reply was, "Very special music". He is an old security guard turned into a hit sensation. He is very buff, very bald, very gay and very popular.


I don't get it.