October 30, 2011

Who's that messy intern?


I have no idea how to convey an image of professionalism in the workplace.

I wear loud coloured clothes and site cross-legged and barefoot at my desk.

I use the fancy coffee machine so often that I'm just waiting for the day that someone has to have a talk with me about it.

By now, everyone who regularly walks by my cubicle probably sees that I do minimum amounts of work and maximum amounts cooking blog browsing.

Moreover, I keep my desk in a constant state of disarray which is common among engineers but definitely uncommon around the Swiss. Besides looking like a slob, I also probably give off the impression that I'm some sort of hoarder because I have a small stockpile of treats that I keep in my bottom filing cabinet drawer - just in time for the Winter frost!